Sunday, November 16, 2008

Integration Race in Malaga Capital

Around 1,200 people of all ages and abilities took part in the 9th city race for integration in Huelin Park in Malaga on Sunday 9th November.

Runners from athletics clubs, wheelchair racers, children, pensioners and people with Down’s syndrome all competed in the race which was set out in three categories: 500, 1,500 or 5,000 metres. Two hundred participants had some type of special needs.

This is super news. Let's make a point to add this date to our diary for 2009, I'd like to see my local Autistic Association, Aprona and Aspandem participating.

There are many topics I will be adding to this blog, one that caught my eye last weekend in Marbella was the amount of wheelchair users that were out for a Sunday stroll. Of course it was a beautiful day and Marbella has incorporated many wheelchair friendly ramps. On the other hand I will be going around San Pedro with my camera, I was horrified to see many establishments that are ignoring the new laws, they will be posted here, at a later date, on this blog. You have been warned.

No comments: