Thursday, May 21, 2009

AUTISMO MARBELLA

http://www.autismoaaar.blogspot.com/


I’ve been busy setting up a blog for our local Autistic Association in Marbella. Incorporated is a Google translator facility for anyone who is not 100% sure with Spanish. For some reason I think this is going to be slow start as I need to explain to the other mothers how blogger works, for me it’s user friendly, however for those that are not computer orientated, then initially it will be daunting.

The aim of the blog is to share typical information that would not normally be included in our main association website. For example I spoke to one father the other week and he said “I want to know a good dentist but more importantly one that can handle our kids?” or “where can I find good gluten free bread?”. So we will be adding questions, answers, experiences along our journey. Plus any other information that parents wish to share, maybe tips on hair washing, or the dreaded teens and hormonal stage, how do you cope or could be an inspiring story etc.

6 comments:

Tanya @ TeenAutism said...

What a wonderful idea! I'm sure it will be so beneficial for people.

Paulene Angela said...

The majority of the parents only meet up 3 times per year +/-, so hopefully this will bond us like a family.
Thanks for your comment.

Casdok said...

Sounds great! And if you do know a good dentist - let me know!!

Paulene Angela said...

I am working on the dentist. Fingers crossed it's only been check ups so far.

Until then sweets, toffee's and cola drinks are banned.

It's a question of being cruel to be kind. Fortunately my son loves Olives, nuts and water.

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

http://www.geniusglutenfree.com/

can you get this bread where you are? very tasty for gluten free, not that we do gf/cf but it was new and i am a terrible shopper!!

thank you for all your kindness, as always :0)

x

Paulene Angela said...

Thanks for that link, bread looks really tasty. I have not seen it here, but I see they are selling thru Tescos so I'll need to check if they have that store in another town. I have found a baguette type g/f bread here which is great, no need to cook, just take it out the freezer.
thanks, p